Friday, April 3, 2009

Photography?

I have no interest in the technical aspects of photography, but I do love taking pictures. Well to be honest, I guess I use to. I haven't been taking a lot of pictures in the past few years. I would love to get back to it.


Several years ago (I don’t want to admit how many unless I use this topic ; - ) I took a lot of pictures of the Flyers during practice and games. I was thinking I could create a website with the pictures I have taken of some of the players and some interesting memorabilia I have. My parents got Flyers' tickets from the beginning. The first 2 years they tried different seats around the rink and they found the seats they wanted: 3 rows from the ice, in the corner, to the left of the Flyers’ goaltender. That changed some when they changed buildings. I recently found my parents Stanley Cup tickets. I also have commemorative coins from when the Spectrum was opened and when the First Union (now Wachovia) Center opened.


Still thinking….

7 comments:

  1. Sports photography could be an interesting topic, and you might not have to really go into the technical aspects to be able to offer some good insights. It doesn't hurt to have this project give you a good excuse to pick up your camera again. Photography is one of the topics that I'm tossing around as well, but I definitely wouldn't be looking at sports photography. I'm more of the "pretty flowers" kind of photog. I'll be interested to see what you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, for one, would like to see the photographs and memorabilia. I'm (relatively) new to the city and know nothing of the sports teams here (or anywhere, for that matter), but still think the content would be of interest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could see a website based on Philadelphia sports memorabilia - and especially the recently-closed Spectrum - having a large audience. You could have separate subpages for tickets, coins, articles of clothing, etc., and if there are examples of interesting, relevant memorabilia that you find interesting but do not have yourself, you could provide a separate page of links.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a really good idea. I know there would be a lot of Flyers fans who would be interested in seeing some of the memorabilia you have. Perhaps you can link to some fan websites?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good idea. If you focus on Philadelphia sports memorabilia, I'm sure this would appeal to a lot of Philadelphia sports fans. Perhaps you could include links/locations to place to buy memorabilia?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see an online gallery...Have you heard of the Coney Island History Project? One thing that makes Philly so endearing to me is the sports-fanaticism, you would have no trouble getting people's opinions on it. The Italian Market area especially, and the Northeast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it would be useful to have fan site that is more visual. You also might be able to include an application on your site that allows other fans to upload their photos. Or you could link to Flyers/Eagles/Phillies' Flicker sites of their own photographs.

    ReplyDelete