Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Online Portfolio Website Topic

I was happy to find out that my online portfolio is an acceptable topic. Now I have to determine what pages to include. Since I have a background in sales, I think my professional experience needs to be a separate section.

Professional Experience
Library experiences
Examples of class assignments that can be used in a school.
Classes taken ( I don't know if I want or need to add this)

Contact page
Links (incorporating my other idea of doing a library page for a school)


A color pallet is hard for me to determine right now. I know I prefer lighter backgrounds with dark text. This is a portfolio, so I need to keep it clean and professional. Looking at the RGB chart some page options could be DDDDDD, FFFFCC, FFCC99, CCFFCC. But I will have to see how they look on the site. Maybe a different color background for each section? These colors may not be light enough for what I am looking for, but they are a place to start. Text colors will mostly be black and blue. Maybe I can have a little more fun on the contact page. But that is still to be determined.

3 comments:

  1. "Classes taken" seems like it might be useful information, though perhaps simply as a part of an "About me" kind of page (perhaps even just a modified about.html) where you can note your educational background as well as any other non-professional information that you think might be relevant...maybe current city of residence, notable association memberships, workshops taken, past non-paid leadership positions, skills, etc...Resume-type stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I echo the comment already received. A little personal information might be nice if you're comfortable with it. Maybe what inspires you or anything listed above.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Color scheme is definitely something that will take a while to pull together. Light background with dark text seems to be an excellent way to go, very readable.

    ReplyDelete